Best o' Manifesto
- How does my site get chosen for this great honor?
- Do not send me e-mail.
- Well, then what do I do?
- Post your announcement to the moderated Usenet newsgroup
Read the group first and find its Charter FAQ! That document is posted
twice weekly and is also available
on the Web. You
have to follow the instructions in that document for your announcement
to be accepted. If you're not familiar with Usenet newsgroups, read the group
first. If you really don't know what I'm talking about here, then your
site isn't eligible for the Best o' c.i.w.announce page, because you need
- I don't have newsgroup access.
- Talk to your local administrator, MIS contact, or Internet access
provider. I can't help you.
- How long does a site stay on the Best o' c.i.w.announce page?
- There are ten sites listed. I add new sites to the top of the list.
When the older ones rotate down, they disappear in the order that they
were added. In other words, a site will disappear when it would become
number eleven. This process takes about a week.
- I want my site listed more permanently than that for the
many, many people who see the page every week!
- For less than you'd expect, you could have your organization's
logo and a link to your home page right at the top of the Best o'
page. But we need to speak privately. Send me some e-mail at
and we'll work something out.
- How often do you add new sites to the list?
- Every day that I choose to read the newsgroup (I no longer moderate
it, myself), which is a few times a week. When I see nifty sites
announced I'll add them to the list.
- What makes a site a Best o' c.i.w.announce?
- One or more of the following: Interesting, useful content; an excellent
command of the language and skill in proofreading; non-exclusiveness of
access to the pages by one or another specific Web client; whatever piques
my interest that day; and a purposeful lack of hype.
- Who created that beautiful logo?
- The Best o' Logo was created by
a freelance graphic designer in Montreal, Canada, who now moderates the
Boutell.Com, Inc., thinks you should hire
- Is there an archive of old Best o' c.i.w.announce sites?
- Nope. But there are many
of the newsgroup which you can consult.
Best o' c.i.w.announce
All material on this page is Copyright 1995 by
Redistribution and use permitted with this copyright notice intact!